Thursday, October 13, 2022

2023 NCAA DI Wrestling the Season: American

 



I still believe with good reason that Coach Jason Borrelli will eventually turn the American Eagle wrestling program into a winning one. I think within time he will produce individual EIWA champions & All Americans. It simply takes to build a program & American is still in the building phase.  Note that I am unaware of the current status of Tim Fitzpatrick. 

133 lbs
Jack Maida 

Sophomore Jack Maida is the Eagles best bet for an NCAA qualifier this season.  17-10 on the year last year, he was one match shy of NCAA qualification with a 4th place EIWA finish. He had notable wins over Kurt Phipps of Bucknell & Joey Olivieri of Rutgers. 

HWT 
Isaac Righter


I'd give Isaac Righer an outside shot at NCAA qualification this year as well. If not an NCAA qualifier I definitely think he can earn a top eight EIWA finish.  14-15 on the season, he pinned Navy's Ryan Catka. 



No comments:

Post a Comment