Thursday, October 13, 2022

2023 NCAA DI The Season: Queens

 


A transition to NCAA Division I wrestling has to be one of the most challenging things in all of collegiate wrestling. It's a rough road and many teams have struggled with it. To make the challenge even more difficult, two of the Royals best wrestlers have since graduated.  Three time NCAA DII qualifier/2021 NCAA DII All American Noah Curreri & Super Region 3rd place-winner Stephon Halliburton.  What I do know is that Queens has good coaches in Rob Tate, Paul Bradley & Alex Ventura. The three of them will make the transition as smooth and successful as possible. 

197 
Austin Watkins 


Of the Royals who are going to hold their own in NCAA DI wrestling this season, if I were a betting man, I'd put my money on Austin Watkins. An NCAA DII qualifier last season, he was 3rd in the Super Region IV. The SOCON will be rough & rocky waters, but if Queens has a ship that can sail through, I believe Watkins is it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment