Saturday, July 16, 2022

2023 NAIA The Season: Truett-McConnell

 

The Bears had two NAIA qualifiers last season, one of them has since graduated and one of them will be returning. Gone is Florida native Leonel Silvestre. I'll also put in a word for Brandon Navixay who finished one match shy of NAIA qualification last season. Unpredictable & inconsistent, he gave it Hell when he stepped out onto the mat. I see Truett McConnell once again sending two to the national tournament this season. 

165 lbs
Mitchell Thompson 

Going 31-16 on the season, Mitchell Thompson finished one win shy of NAIA qualification last year when he finished 3rd at the Appalachian Athletic Conference (AAC) tournament. This is his last season as a Bear and I think he'll qualify for the national tournament. 

HWT
Ethan Powell 

Three time NAIA qualifier Ethan Powell will go for his fourth qualification this season. The Georgia native went 24-11 last year, winning an AAC title. 

===

If you enjoy Johnnythompsonnum1 & would like to see further coverage of your favorite college wrestling teams and college wrestlers please consider donating to Johnnythompsonnum1. Thus far generous donations have allowed me to purchase a camera & I hope to further my ability to cover more events and grow the coverage I do for wrestling. Send donation via Venmo to Stephen-Stonebraker-1 





No comments:

Post a Comment