Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Gone, Lost & Forgotten: Their Best = Bacone

One of the few colleges/universities you'll ever run across that also dropped their men's football program, the year of 2018 was not a good one for the Warriors athletics program.   That season they dropped football, volleyball, Men's wrestling, women's wrestling, men's golf, women's golf & Rodeo.  

I'm not sure when the men's wrestling program started but I do know that the women's program started in 2004-2005.  I would've liked to have included some of the best in Warrior women's wrestling but I wasn't able to come up with much regarding the program.  Matter of fact, I wasn't able to come up with much for the men's either.   


Geneva Grey 

What I do know is that Geneva Gray, sister of World Champion Adeline, was beginning to turn the program around & into a powerhouse when she took over during the 2016-2017 season.   I know in the short time she was their, she qualified 9 wrestlers one season & 10 wrestlers another season to the WCWA (Women's Collegiate Wrestling Association) championships.  I don't think the Warriors ever crowned a WCWA All American but I am more than happy to stand corrected on that report. 




Kenny Taylor
157 lbs 

Taylor made the NAIA finals in 2003. 


David Gayson
HWT

Grayson was an NAIA All American in 2003 with a seventh place finish. 


Niko Koliastasis
197 lbs 

MMA star Niko Koliastasis was a two time NAIA finalist for the Warriors in 2003 & 2004. 


Brian Odle
141 lbs 

Odle earned NAIA All American honors for the Warriors on three occasions.  He was Fifth in 2004, third in 2005 & seventh in 2006. 

No comments:

Post a Comment