Couple of thoughts as I sit and think about Triton Trojan wrestling. I'm still ticked off at Morton College for unceremoniously discontinuing their men & women's wrestling programs. Chris Butz was doing a great job there, garnering NJCAA qualifiers season after season & crowning the school's first All-American. I think good things lay ahead for the program that achieved quite a bit despite only being around 5 years after restoration. May I continue to boo loud & clear for any of the administration that may hear me. What was Morton's loss, I believe will soon be seen to be Triton's gain.
Losing Damari Reed at 157 is going to hurt. The Great Lakes District champ, who placed 3rd at the NJCAA championships last year, impressed me more than once in '25-'26. Earning that All-American accolade with a 12 second pin in the R12, most impressive. I sure hope he ends up somewhere where he'll be appreciated. Haven't heard anything yet.
The Tritons also lose qualifiers Keygan Jennings, Jase Salin & Bennett Eichert.
Returning talent?
| 125 Dylan Eimer |
An NJCAA qualifier for the Tritons last year, Dylan Eimer was 4th in the Great Lake District.
| 149 Fabian Salazar |
Another 4th place finisher at the Great Lakes District, Fabian Salazar took 3rd at the Art Kraft Memorial.
| 197 Everett McClelland |
The Valparaiso, Indiana native had a pretty solid first year of collegiate wrestling last season. A title at the Harper Open, he earned runner-up honors at both the Yellow Jacket Open & the Great Lakes District, finishing 3rd at the Art Kraft Memorial. An All American hopeful for the Trojans in 2027.
No comments:
Post a Comment