Tuesday, August 4, 2026

JT1Wrestle Takes a Look at Southeastern Community College 2026-2027

 


I was pretty impressed with Southeastern getting three through to the NJCAA National tournament last season in their first year of collegiate wrestling, especially considering that they're in such a tough & competitive district.  All three return, plus another wrestler from last season I can see breaking through this year as well. 

Blackhawks top returnees? 

125
Braxton Hutchison

A native of Burlington, Braxton Hutchison saw his first NJCAA tournament action with a 4th place showing at the North Central District.

165
Lyblie Christofferson

When I was in high school, the thought of Notre Dame High in West Burlington ever having a wrestling program was a very foreign concept. Now they're producing good wrestlers left and right, and Lyblie Christofferson is one of them.  6th at last year's North Central District. 

184
Carter Ball


The former Wapello Indian made vast improvements throughout the year last year, eventually earning NJCAA qualification.  

197
Preston Thorton


Another local native of Burlington, Preston Thorton did not qualify for last year's NJCAA championships, but I can see him punching through this year. 


No comments:

Post a Comment