Thursday, August 27, 2026

JT1Wrestle Takes A Look at Missouri Baptist 2026-2027

 

I know Coach Caleb McElfresh is looking forward to improve upon things from the 2025-2026 season as he heads into 2026-2027.  He has plenty of reasons to be optimistic as a very talented redshirt freshman, among experienced wrestlers return to action.

Daryl Mills is a wrestler I'm sure going to miss watching compete. If every wrestler had his fire and intensity, you'd never hear another person call wrestling boring again. "Gave it everything he had" & "left it all out on the mat" are phrases often thrown around in our great sport. Few displayed it better than Daryl Mills. 

Brandon Bollinger & Joel Campbell, whom I felt we never got to see at full capacity because of injuries, both NAIA qualifiers are now out of eligibility as well. 

125
Geno Cardenas

Coach McElfresh is looking forward to celebrating with a wrestler after watching him win an NAIA national title & when that day comes, we may very well be looking at the wrestler he'll be celebrating with.  I'm not 100% positive, but I believe that Geno Cardenas will be a redshirt freshman this year.  He's already demonstrated how capable he is & trust me, he'll continue to. 


133
John Davis

An NAIA qualifier for the Spartans last season, John Davis was 6th at the Heart of America (HOA)

149
Brayden Eikerman


Another NAIA qualifier for the Spartans last season, Brayden Eikerman was 7th at the HOA. 

HWT
Amad Soufi


When I was little and I would watch WWE on television, Gorilla Monsoon would often say about powerhouses like The Barbarian & Haku, "he doesn't have a clue how strong he is" and that reminds me a lot of Amad Soufi.  Super tough on top & incredibly strong, I think he's capable of turning just about anyone in the NAIA.  He made tremendous improvements between his freshman & sophomore seasons & I expect to see even more this season as a junior.  

No comments:

Post a Comment