Tuesday, August 25, 2026

JT1Wrestle Takes a Look at Hannibal-LaGrange 2026-2027

 


When Hannibal-LaGrange discontinued wrestling a few years back, I wrote a "Gone, Lost & Forgotten" article on their accomplishments as a team & of their best wrestlers.  I had someone contact me immediately after I posted the article to let me know that this was NOT permanent. They WERE getting wrestling back.  Not a maybe, not an "I hope", but a "we ARE going to get our wrestling program back." 

There have been some hiccups along the way.  Went from John Lewis to Jacob Bergmeyer as head coach, but things are now certain. Gawd only knows how often I've found myself ranting about bad athletic directors.  I've spoken my mind plenty of times about the Trev Alberts & the Dr. Micah Parkers of the world, and I realize that there are many really good athletic directors out there.  Ones that deserve my praise, as much as Parker deserves my criticism.  Clay Biggs, who has worked hard to not only reinstate the Trojan wrestling program, but also to take measures to ensure its success, deserves wrestling's praise. 

I'm excited for the next chapter of Hannibal-LaGrange wrestling.  It's within a two-hour drive for me. I have a cousin in Hannibal that I haven't seen in ages. Plus the girlfriend wants to check out all of the Mark Twain related things in the area.  I have no doubt in my mind that H-L will soon enough be producing the Dan Capp & Bryan Alexander talent they did in years past. 

No comments:

Post a Comment