Tuesday, August 18, 2026

JT1Wrestle Takes a Look at Briar Cliff 2026-2027

 


I attended Northwestern College in Orange City, Iowa from 2004 through 2007 & during my time there, I went up to Sioux City quite often. I really liked the Briar Cliff campus.  Saw some wrestling duals there & I also went up there for a few plays. I'd like to see the Chargers have some success in the years to come & they certainly have the potential to have a lightweight superstar this year. 

133
Dante Rigal


I know for a fact that talent & potential wise Dante Rigal has what it takes to win a GPAC title this season & earn NAIA All-American honors.  3rd-3rd-6th thus far in the GPAC, conference didn't turn out the way he wanted it to last season, but that was then, this is now. He won the Pepsi Patriot Open & he placed 8th at the Missouri Valley Invitational.  He's shown what he's capable of.  I'd be lying to you if I didn't tell you there's one thing that concerns me though. He's no longer going to have Jared Gilliam in the room with him.  You know as well as I do that a lot of times, what makes a wrestler so good is the practice partner he has in the room with him. Some of the best competition Rigal got all season was in the room, going to war with Gilliam. The son of a Cuban Olympian, regardless, I still have high hopes for Rigal in '27. 

No comments:

Post a Comment