Saturday, August 22, 2026

JT1Wrestle Takes A Look at Doane 2026-2027

 


There have been so many great Tiger legends over the years.  We lost a handful from last season, as we get to watch others continue their legacies in 2026-2027.  

Tyson Beauperthuy 2nd-2nd-2nd in the NAIA nation is without a doubt one of the best of all time to never win an NAIA national title. Where exactly I'd rank him on that list, I don't know. I'd have to give it a lot of thought.  Top 10 for sure, if not higher.  Also a three-time Great Plains Athletic Conference (GPAC) champion. 

With that said, I definitely think Ben Miller was one of the best in 2026 not to earn NAIA All-American honors during his career. I really thought he'd stand on that award stand at least once, considering everything else he did achieve & the # of All-Americans he beat during his career.  1st-1st-2nd in the GPAC he was one match shy in his final shot. 

Matt Terrence on the other hand did earn the All-American honor in his last go-round. 7th, also a two-time GPAC champion. 

NAIA qualifiers Kolton Kemmeyer & Chase Stieb 

125
Ray Ray Harris


I was a bit surprised that Ray-Ray Harris took any losses at all last year.  Didn't take many & I wouldn't be surprised if in the next two seasons of eligibility he has left, if he were to go undefeated.  It was silver at the Mile High Open, but other than that, call this dude a Leprechaun because it was gold, gold, gold, gold!  Friends Falcon Open, GPAC & the NAIA! 

125
Isaac Gibbs

I speak a lot about the pipeline that Coach Cole Spree of Indian Hills has created in finding his guys homes post their NJCAA experience.   Isaac Gibbs is yet another example.  The Texas native was another NAIA qualifier for the Tigers last season. 

174
Jake Prudek 


Speaking of a great transfer out of the NJCAA, how about a great transfer out of the CCCAA? The former Fresno City standout took runner-up honors at the GPAC & finished 3rd at the Mile High Open. 

197
Jaren Jackson


Standout freshman campaign for Jaren Jackson last year.  6th in the NAIA nation, he won titles at GPAC, Friends Falcon & the Oppenheim Open. 

HWT
Eli Criblez


On the episode of JT1Wrestle at the beginning of the 2025-2026 season, Eli Criblez was my NAIA Darkhorse pick at HWT.  Well, 2026-2027 isn't much different.  A two-time Missouri Valley Invitational place-winner, I think this dude is capable of doing some great things in his final season of competition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment