Monday, August 31, 2026

JT1Wrestle Takes A Look At Wayland Baptist 2026-2027

 



Texas wrestling continues to grow & Wayland Baptist is proof of it.  The Pioneers had four NAIA qualifiers last season & all but one returns for action in 2026-2027. 

Emmett Bivens a Sooner Athletic Conference champion (SAC) ended his career one match shy of being an All-American. 

125
Jesse Lewis


Might we be looking at the best wrestler ever in Pioneer history? Wayland Baptist has produced some great talents over the years, but only a sophomore, Jesse Lewis has great potential.  5th in the NAIA nation, he was 2nd at the SAC & 3rd at Oppenheim. 

149
Jaden Two Lance


I was a big fan of this guy when he was at Carl Albert State a couple of years ago & I said he'd be a great addition to wherever he ended up.  I was right.  Two Lance made the finals of both the SAC & Oppenheim last year, finishing one match shy of All-American honors.  A member of the Lakota tribe, I haven't had the opportunity to write about many native American wrestlers before and the Arlington, Texas native is one of the best. 


No comments:

Post a Comment