Men & Women's wrestling at Southwestern CC doesn't actually begin until the 2027-2028 season, but I'm excited about it and I have to say somethings about it now.
For one, I'm really shocked that it took this long to get wrestling at the college. The area has had some really tough high school wrestling for years. Orient Macksburg, Winterset, Clarke of Osceola, Mount Ayr, I mean there's some damn good talent to draw from, only a hop, skip and a jump away. Even Creston has had many great wrestlers over the years. Chris Louden comes to mind. I'm sure a guy like that would've loved to have competed for an NJCAA title wrestling and studying in his hometown.
| Kevin Trullinger |
To my knowledge Southwestern CC hasn't named a head coach yet & I have no idea who will end up taking the position. I will say that a friend of mine, is a guy that I think would be well suited for the position. Kevin Trullinger was a two-time State place-winner for Mount Ayr. 7th & 3rd in the State of Iowa during his last two years of High school. He currently coaches at the High School level and is very good with his wrestlers. I'd like to see a guy like him get a chance to see what he could do in such a position.
No comments:
Post a Comment