Monday, August 17, 2026

JT1Wrestle Takes A Look At Indian Hills 2026-2027

 


Life sure can be particular at times.  I attended Indian Hills for a semester.  I remember going in and talking with the then athletic director over whether wrestling would ever be an option at the school or not. The area having such a rich pool of talent to pick from locally. The ability to easily build a fanbase because of the popularity of wrestling in the area. That particular athletic director didn't see things the way I did. Yet here we are all these years later, and not only does Indian Hills have a wrestling program, they're one of the absolute best in not only the NJCAA, but in all of collegiate wrestling. 

I don't say things for clout. I don't think about who will like it or how many retweets I'm going to get when I post it on Twitter. Like Del Griffith from Planes, Trains & Automobiles, with Stephen Stonebraker what you see is what you get.  When I said last year that Indian Hills Wrestling was all that was right with college wrestling, I meant it. I have no doubt at all that Cole Spree is bringing in a massive load of talent, but my gawd are they losing some of the best wrestlers ever to lace up the maroon and gold. 

Two-time NJCAA champion Gavyn Whitehead is heading to Little Rock to compete in DI for the Trojans. 

Shehab Mohamed, an NJCAA runner-up last season & 5th in the NJCAA nation in 2025, not sure where he's heading yet. 

Mohamed Abdelhady 2nd & 4th in the NJCAA nation is going to compete for the Huskies of Bloomsburg. Very exited about this.  It's been a long time coming since Bloomsburg has had a superstar & I think Abdelhady can fill that position. 

Cinsere Clark is yet another standout Warrior going to test his skills in NCAA DI. 4th & 2nd in the NJCAA nation, he's headed to Northern Colorado. 

Not sure where Andrew Marquez is headed. The 2025 NJCAA champion was 4th in the NJCAA last year. 

Naasir Edmonds, 6th & 3rd in the NJCAA nation will be testing the waters of NCAA DII, competing for Nebraska-Kearney.  I believe he'll make an immediate impact. 

125
Charlie Dykes


A Missouri native, Charlie Dykes took runner-up honors at both the Art Kraft Memorial & the North Central District. 

133
Olli Webb


One of the assistant wrestling coaches for Indian Hills told me at the beginning of last season that Olli Webb was going to be really good, and boy he wasn't kidding.  Although he was 2nd at the North Central District, he was gold every where else.  Along with being an NJCAA national champion, he also won gold at Luther Hill & Art Kraft. 

149
Jahkari Clark


Is Northern Colorado already looking at a recruit for the 2027-2028 season?  Maybe.  Jahkari Clark was ALL gold last season. Winning the Art Kraft Memorial, the North Central District & the NJCAA championships. 

184
Jonathan Clohecy


The Florida native had a great first year of collegiate wrestling, which included a title at Luther Hill, runner-up finishes at Art Kraft & the North Central District, & a 6th place NJCAA All-American finish. 


No comments:

Post a Comment