Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Gone, Lost & Forgotten: Tri-State Conference Championships won by Schools that No Longer Have wrestling

Not to be confused with Tri-State Conference which was made up of West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Ohio (I guess Quad-State didn't sound as good to them)

Not to be confused with Tri-State Conference which is made up of Illinois, Iowa, Wisconsin and Minnesota (I guess Quad-State didn't sound good to them either)

Not to be confused with Tri-State State Athletic Conference made up of Iowa, South Dakota and Nebraska

The Tri-State Conference made up of schools from Iowa, Nebraska and South Dakota (I promise you it is not the same as the Tri-State Athletic Conference ) that ran from 1960-1978.

I have information from 1960-1961 through 1967-1968. 

If you have information about the tournament from 1968-1969 through 1977-1978, I would really appreciate it.  I went to Northwestern College which was part of the conference at one time, and I'd love to know if they ever won a wrestling title.   Thank you.


Westmar which not only no longer has a wrestling program, but is no longer around, at all won to my knowledge four conference team titles.  They may have won more.

Here's what I know

Westmar (4) 1965, 1966, 1967, 1968

No comments:

Post a Comment