Monday, September 9, 2019

Gone, Lost & Forgotten: Skyline Conference Team Titles Won By Schools that No Longer Have Wrestling

Not to be confused with the current Skyline Conference composed of strictly New York schools, the Skyline Conference was a conference in the western part of the United States that ran from the 1938-1939 season through the 1961-1962 season.

It's a little confusing as I'm not for certain but I believe what the Skyline Conference is, was essentially what was the Eastern Division of the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference was, also known as The Mountain States.   If you read my section on Rocky Mountain, the Eastern Division Winners might also be classified as Skyline Conference champions.  I'm not for sure on that.

Here are the teams that I know can be classified as Skyline Conference Champions that no longer have wrestling programs.

Colorado State (2) 1954, 1955

No comments:

Post a Comment