Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Gone, Lost & Forgotten: Hoosier/Buckeye Conference Team Champions that No Longer Have Wrestling

It started off as the Hoosier Conference in the 1948-1949 season and with addition of Ohio Teams in the 1969-1970 season became known as the Hoosier/Buckeye Conference.  It ended after the 1985 season.

As to when the conference added wrestling as a sponsored sport, I have no idea.   If the conference had wrestling through 1985, I also have no idea.  I know very little about Hoosier/Buckeye Conference wrestling.  All I know is a few times when schools that no longer have wrestling won the conference tournament.

If you have any more information on Hoosier/Buckeye Conference Wrestling please share I would really appreciate it.


HOOSIER/BUCKEYE CONFERENCE Championships won by Schools that No Longer Have wrestling. 

Taylor (2) 1971, 1973

Anderson University Indiana (1) 1972

No comments:

Post a Comment