Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Gone, Lost & Forgotten: Great Lakes Team Titles won by Schools that No Longer Have wrestling

Honestly I have no idea what the Great Lakes tournament was.  At first I thought it might be the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference. I know that isn't right cause I have records going back to 1968 and the GLIAC wasn't formed until 1972.  Then I thought it might be the Great Lakes Valley Conference.  Can't be that either because that wasn't formed until 1978.

So what exactly the Great Lakes tournament is referring to, at this point I do not know.  If you know, let me know.

The other thing that really hits home that Great Lakes refers to neither GLIAC or GLVC is the fact that Denison University was never a part of either.  They won two titles. 

Anway....

Schools that no longer have wrestling that won Great Lakes Titles
Denison (2)  1968, 1969

Grand Valley State (3) 1977, 1979, 1980

Lake Superior State (1) 1981


If you have more information regarding, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment