Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Gone, Lost & Forgotten: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference Team Titles Won by Schools that No Longer have wrestling.

The Wisconsin States University Conference (WSUC) eventually combined with the Wisconsin Women's Intercollegiate Athletic Conference to form the Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (WIAC).  I believe that WSUC titles won are considered the same was WIAC titles won, as Wisconsin Whitewater's list of WIAC titles won, would have to include WSUC titles considering the number listed.

If wrong and WSUC and WIAC are not considered the same, then my apologies.  Let me know in detail and I will correct it, if that is the case.

Today WIAC wrestling is made up for six teams.  La Crosse, Whitewater, Steven's Point, Oshkosh, , Eau Claire and Platteville.  At one time, all official members had wrestling teams.  As far as affiliate members, I believe Finlandia is the only team to have never had a wrestling program.  Or if they did, I have yet to find any information on them.

As to schools that won WIAC titles that no longer have wrestling....


River Falls (3) 1963, 1973, 1981

Superior (3) 1964, 1965, 1968


There could have also been teams that no longer have wrestling that won after 1981.  I don't have information past 1981. 

No comments:

Post a Comment