Sunday, August 16, 2020

Gone, Lost & Forgotten: Their Best = Tulane

 Tulane marks the second time in my life where I was given incorrect information by someone in the know.  I was informed that Tulane never fielded a varsity wrestling program during their athletic history, but upon further research I discovered that indeed they did.  As to when it started or when it ended? I have have no idea.  


Harry "Hubby" Gamble

Gamble was also a member of the football, swim & gymnastics teams during his days at Tulane.  He was named All Southern in 1926 in football.  Post his collegiate career, he took over at the Green Wave's head boxing coach. 


Nick Accardo

A local from Jesuit High school in New Orleans, post his collegiate career at Tulane, Accardo became a team doctor for various United States teams that competed internationally.  He was also the head coach of Hanson Memorial Franklin Senior High school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment