Monday, October 5, 2026

JT1Wrestle Takes A Look At Kutztown 2026-2027

 



Ups & Downs are a big part of this sport.  Wrestling often resembles a roller coaster & among the positives & negatives, Kutztown went for a ride.  2026-2027 sees the return of five talents, all of which carry a bit of a chip on their shoulder, as we say goodbye to four very gifted talents. 

The Gimbor brothers were some of the best to ever suit up in the maroon & gold. 

Bailey won 74 matches in his career, taking back-to-back 8th place finishes in the D2 nation as a sophomore & junior.  He went 6th-3rd-1st-4th in Super Region I

Dalton, went 3rd-2nd-2nd-1st, making the NCAA Division II tournament four years in a row, placing 8th as a junior in the D2 nation.  88 career wins. 

Cole Caslio, a three-time NCAA D2 qualifier who finished one match shy of D2 qualification.

Freddie Retter, perhaps the best example of a guy who got it done on both the football field & the wrestling mat.  3rd & 2nd in Super Region I, with back-to-back 5th place finishes in the D2 nation. 

125
Nic Allison

16 wins on the year, Nic Allison was 3rd at Super Region I & one match shy of being an NCAA D2 All-American. 

133
Javien DeLeon

5th-6th-4th in Super Region I, Javien DeLeon heads into his final season of collegiate competition one of the best yet to make the NCAA D2 tournament.  He won 22 matches last year and finished runner-up at the Shorty Hitchcock Invite. 

141 
Joey Ortega

13 wins on the year, Joey Ortega made the NCAA D2 tournament with a 3rd place showing at Super Region I

149
Ali Alicea

Ali Alicea finished off '25-'26 one match shy of being an NCAA D2 qualifier. 

197
Wayne McIntyre


3rd-2nd-3rd, Wayne McIntyre is one the best yet to win a Super Region I title & one of the best yet to make D2 All-American honors.  The three-time NCAA D2 qualifier, went 20-5 last year, making the finals of the Shorty Hitchcock Invitational. 

No comments:

Post a Comment