Monday, October 5, 2026

JT1Wrestle Takes A Look at Gannon 2026-2027

 



Know the game, keep up with the times & stay ahead of the curve. This is why Gannon has been as successful as what they have been.  This is why they went 12-1, finished 4th in the prestigious Midwest Classic & won Super Region I.  The Golden Knights understand the atmosphere of today's environment, and they are playing the game about as well as anyone. 

Impressive enough that the Golden Knights put all 10 wrestlers on the award stand at Super Region I, all but 9 made the NCAA D2 national tournament! And the one who didn't, only missed it by one match! 

The Maroon & Gold do lose some outstanding talents, but they also bring back a lot of outstanding talent. 

Gone are....

Jerry Echevarria.  Talk about a guy with intestinal fortitude, three times during his career he came back to capture 3rd place at Super Region I & earn NCAA D2 qualification.  An All-American in his sophomore & junior seasons, he finished 5th & 7th.  A three-time Midwest Classic champion, 5th-8th-1st overall. American International eat your heart out. 

Two-time NCAA D2 qualifier Kenny Kiser, 2nd & 1st at Super Region I

Dillon Walker, who earned NCAA D2 All-American status for Mercyhurst back in 2022, finished off his career one match shy of qualifying. 

Joey Lyons, a former Cleveland State wrestler, who took 2nd at Super Region I & 5th in the D2 Nation. 

Dorian Crosby, who had an outstanding collegiate career.  A two-time NCAA DI qualifier for Bucknell, and then a two-time Super Region I champion who earned a 3rd place finish at the NCAA D2 championships as a junior, before winning a national title as a senior. 

125
Logan Sallot

2nd & 1st at Super Region thus far. Logan Sallot finished 7th in the D2 nation last year.  24 wins on the season, he also took 6th at the Midwest Classic. 

133
Tanner Halling

The Golden Knights sure did pick up a good one in Tanner Halling.  Last year as a freshman he won Super Region I & finished 6th in the D2 nation competing for Frostburg States. 

141
Jake Niffenegger

I would imagine that Jake Niffenegger is probably heading into 2026-2027 with a bit of a chip on his shoulder.  7th & 6th in the D2 nation in previous seasons, he came up a little short of All-American honor #3 last year.  23-4 on the season, he was 4th at the Midwest Classic. 

157
Holden Huhn

18-5 on the year, Holden Huhn won the Super Region I & finished 7th in the D2 nation. 

165
Grant McKay

The former Pittsburgh Panther went 25-4 on the season, winning a Super Region I title

184
Patrick Jackson

The two-time Super Region I champ, took 8th place in the D2 nation a year ago & 4th at the Midwest Classic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment