Saturday, June 4, 2022

Four (Or More) Time State Champions in College = Massachusetts

 The governing body for Massachusetts High School State Sports is the MIAA. That actually stands for Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association. As much trouble as I had in researching four time state champions from Massachusetts it might as well have stood for Missing In Action Anonymous. I'm almost positive that I'm missing a lot of information. I have to be. The first state tournament was held in 1968 & the first four timer I found was in 2004.  That may very well be the case but if there's any other four timers in that 36 year span it wouldn't surprise me any. 

Here's what I did find.....


Joe Fendone 

Representing Central Catholic, Joe Fendone won four Massachusetts High School State titles from 01'-04'.  Collegiately he wrestled for Edinboro where he was a four time NCAA qualifier. Making the EWL finals in 2006 & 2009, he was 3rd in 2008 & 4th in 2007.  A career record of 105-40, he collected 45 falls. 

Christian Monserrat 

Christian Monserrat won four Massachusetts High School State championships for Methuen from 11'-14'.  Competing for West Virginia in college he was an NCAA qualifier his senior season of 2019 after a 4th place finish at the BIG 12's. 

Eric Reyes 

Winning Four Massachusetts State High School titles from 14'-17' for Dedham, I don't believe that Eric Reyes wrestled collegiately. 

===

As said do believe that I'm probably missing a few four timers from Massachusetts. As to who is currently still wrestling in college today? 

Hunter Adrian of Melrose is currently at Brown. 

I believe that Jack Darling of Masconomet is at Virginia Tech. 






No comments:

Post a Comment