Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Gone, Lost & Forgotten: Their Best = RPI

Known as the oldest technological university in the English speaking world, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute is a small school in Troy, New York where all athletics compete at the NCAA Division III level with exception to men & women's hockey which both compete in NCAA Division I. 

As to when RPI wrestling began or why it came to an end after the 1985-1986 season, I do not know.  I've been able to find very little about Engineer wrestling but I do believe I can tell you their best wrestler. 


Tim True 

True narrowly missed becoming a four time ICAC (Independent College Athletic Conference) champion winning titles his freshman, sophomore & senior season, taking runner-up honors as a junior.  In 1975 he captured sixth place All American honors at the NCAA Division III tournament. 

-----

Today RPI has both a men & women's club that compete in the NCWA & WCWA.  

No comments:

Post a Comment