Friday, September 4, 2026

JT1Wrestle Takes A Look At Central 2026-2027

 


A lot of good things continue to happen in Pella, Iowa as the Dutch continue to be much in both the ultra competitive Regional VI & overall NCAA Division III.  Central put 9 out of 10 wrestlers on the award stand at Regional VI last year & sent three of them to the national tournament, with two bringing home some hardware...including some gold! 

6 or 7 of the 9 return & as now I'm treating it like 7.  The eligibility of one wrestler, I am not sure of at the moment this was written. 


100 career wins, three trips to the NCAA DIII tournament & back-to-back All-American honors, we say goodbye to Pierre Baldwin.  Representing the red & white, he earned 6th & 3rd place D3 finishes, going 2nd-1st-3rd in Regional VI. 

Sam West also had a great career for the Dutch.  6th-4th-3rd at Regional VI, he ended his career an NCAA D3 national qualifier. 

125
Carter West


One of the things I love about Central wrestling is that they get the job done with a lot of local talent.  I competed against West Burlington Notre Dame a handful of times back in my day, and how cool it is to see their wrestlers succeeding at a higher level.  West was one match shy of being an NCAA D3 qualifier last year, 4th at Regional VI. 

133
C.J. Davis

Another rep of WBND, CJ Davis won 17 matches this past season, placing 7th at Regional VI. 

149
Cade Siebrecht

I know for an absolute fact that the Dutch want Cade Siebrecht back this season, but I'm not 100% positive if he has any eligibility left of not.  Pretty confusing.  He went 29-1 last year, his only loss in the Auggie Invite finals.  Other than that, this dude collected a lot of gold. Including a Regional VI title & an NCAA D3 title! 

157
Christian Stanek


The Cedar Rapids Xavier standout finished one match shy of NCAA DIII qualification last year, 4th at Regional VI. 

165
Shane Hanford

Another Iowa boy, this one from West Marshall. Shane Hanford finished 7th at Regional VI. 

184
Cole Martin 

Cole Martin finished 7th at Regional VI. 

HWT
Jamal Neeway

Jamal Neeway won 14 matches last season in route to a 6th place showing at Regional VI. 


No comments:

Post a Comment