Thursday, September 10, 2026

JT1Wrestle Takes A Look At Johnson & Wales 2026-2027

 


Another successful year for Johnson & Wales, as Coach Lonnie Morris put 8 on the award stand at Regional I & sent three of those 8 to the national tournament.  2026-2027 looks to be another successful season for Wildcat wrestling, I'd say a potential to be even better than 2025-2026.  We do unfortunately lose some talent, but there is a ton coming back. 

Things don't always end the way they should & it was hard watching Adolfo Betancur end his career one match shy of D3 qualification.  Nonetheless, he made it to the national tournament as a sophomore & junior, earning 6th place D3 All-American honors in 2025. Great career, 82 victories. 

Same can be said for Patrick Wisniewski.  8th in the D3 nation in 2025, came up a little short of qualification last season with a 5th place showing at Regional I. 

Tom DiResta ended his stellar career an NCAA D3 qualifier, 2nd at Regional I. 

125
Nico Rivera


If there is a lightweight university, it may very well be Johnson & Wales.  Joziah Fry one of the best 125'ers of all time.  Well, Nico Rivera might not be too far behind him.  34-7 as a freshman last year, a Regional I champion & 6th in the D3 nation.  Won titles at both Roger Williams & the Auggie Invitational. 

133
Peyton Ellis


In '24-'25, Peyton Ellis went 30-4 on the year finishing one match shy of being a D3 All-American.  Last year he was destined for greatness, sitting on an 18-2 record when he got hurt.  Before injury, he had won titles at both Roger Williams & the Auggie Invite. 
149
Jared Spahn


Jared Spahn was 5th at last year's Regional I. 

149
Ryan Currier


17 wins on the season last year.  I wouldn't be surprised if out of Spahn & Currier, if one of them went 157 to make the team stronger. 

165
Jack Richardson


5th in the D3 nation a year ago, Jack Richardson looks to become a two-time NCAA D3 All-American & a four-time Regional I place-winner in '26-'27.  4th-2nd-1st in the Regional thus far, he was 31-4 on the year, also a champion at Roger Williams. 

184
Zach Miller

25 wins on the year, Zach Miller was 5th at Regional I. 

197
Anthony Fernandez


5th at Regional I & a Roger Williams champ, Anthony Fernandez won 22 matches last year. 

HWT
Brayden Soleau


Filling in for the spot left by Betancur, Brayden Soleau won 21 matches last season.  One of which was a 7-2 decision over D3 qualifier Kam Dorchester.  He was also a runner-up at Roger Williams. 


No comments:

Post a Comment