Let me be frank. I think it is fair to say that the USMMA did not have the Regional III they were capable of having last season. In my opinion, and I think Coach Beau Bruno would agree, the two place-winners they did have could have placed higher & there were three others would did not place, who should have. In my opinion there's no reason at all why the Mariners shouldn't have at least five Regional III place-winners in '26-'27.
USMMA brings back a lot of solid talent this year. They do lose Wes Wydick though, a two-time Centennial Collegiate Conference (CCC) champion.
| 165 Viviano Gutierrez |
I was really shocked when Viviano Gutierrez didn't make top 8 at Regional III last season, considering how well he competed at other points during the year. The California native had 16 wins on season, including a huge 12-4 major decision over '25 D3 qualifier Mark Troni. Champion at both the New York States & the CCC, he was 5th at the New Standard. Only a sophomore, very confident he'll turn out a three-time Regional III place-winner, and very capable of D3 qualification.
| 174 Andrew Huesgen |
Andrew Huesgen is yet another tough freshman from last season that I was surprised to see not make top 8 at Regional III. Winning 20 matches on the year, he was 3rd at the New York States & 5th at New Standard.
| 184 Max Corrall |
Yet another Mariner who did not make the top 8 at Regional III last year, who I'm very confident will be a place-winner in 2027. A New York States runner-up, among his wins in '25-'26, he defeated D3 qualifier Carson LiCastri 10-7 s.v.
| 197 Tyler Withers |
6th at Regional III last season, Tyler Withers was a CCC champion.
| HWT Grant Mathias |
3rd at Ned McGinley, Grant Mathias was also 6th at Regional III last year.
No comments:
Post a Comment