It occurs to me that this is going to be the final opportunity to hear "Oh, Canada" at the NCAA DII championships & that's only if Simon Fraser qualifies someone. I think it's been so cool the way that Simon Fraser has held the candle as the one & only school in ALL of collegiate wrestling to not be in the United States. Our one foreign competitor.
Admittingly, I think joining the USPORTS will be better for the Red Leafs. I think recruiting will be easier, as will the opportunity to build a successful program. Nonetheless, they've done some outstanding things. In both the NAIA & the NCAA D2. I mean Hell, they produced two four-time NAIA national champions! I'm gonna miss seeing them around & all the more reason I hope to maybe get up into Canada someday & learn more about Canadian collegiate wrestling!
In their final D2 year, they have two standouts, both capable of being the final D2 qualifiers.
| 165 Hugh Wheeler |
A native of Washington, Hugh Wheeler won 23 matches last season. 5th at Regional VI, he was 2nd at the Spokane Open & 3rd at Mike Clock.
| 184 Owen Gudmundson |
From Calgary, Alberta, Canada (known some other good wrestlers from that area too), Owen Gudmundson won 20 matches last year for the Red Leafs. 6th at Super Region VI, he was 3rd at both Mike Clock & the Spokane Open.
No comments:
Post a Comment