Wednesday, September 30, 2026

JT1Wrestle Takes A Look At Pittsburgh-Johnstown 2026-2027

 


The Mountain Cats went 13-1 in duals last season, finishing 2nd at the Midwest Classic & 3rd at Super Region I.  It was a year full of a lot of ups & a few downs.  2026-2027 looks to be a season of many pros & many positives as UPJ returns a ton of talent. 

My heart goes out to Trevon Gray.  A career should never end the way his does.  Life at times can be unfair. However, as I've had to do at other times as a wrestling aficionado, I have to remind myself that wrestling is a journey, not a destination.  6th is not at all where Gray wanted to finish, with an injury at Super Region I, but he was still a three-time Super Region I champion & no one can take that away from him.  7th & 4th in the D2 nation during his career, 94 career wins & he won this year's Midwest Classic. 

Isaiah Vance also called it a career for the Mountain Cats & what an outstanding career he had.  99 career wins.  2nd-1st-2nd-3rd at Super Region I & 5th-2nd-8th in the D2 Nation.  A rare four-time Midwest Classic place-winner with 4th-1st-3rd-2nd finishes. 

133
Brady Baker

 15 wins on the season, Brady Baker earned NCAA D2 qualification with a 3rd place finish at Super Region I. 

141
Chad Ozias

An NCAA D2 R12'er in 2025, Chad Ozias came up a bit short of being a place-winner at last year's Super Region I.  He did however place 6th at the prestigious Midwest Classic & should bounce back strong this season. 

149
Matt Sarbo

The former Iowa Central Triton NJCAA champion has been a fantastic asset for the Mountain Cats thus far.  28-3 on the season he was 2nd at both Super Region I & in the D2 nation.  3rd at the Midwest Classic. 

157
Cooper Warshel


An NCAA D2 qualifier as a freshman in 2024, Cooper Warshel was a Super Region I champion.  Since that time, he's placed 4th & 6th at Super Region I.  He'll look to earn qualification #2 this season as a senior. 

165
Trent Hoover

24 wins on the year, Trent Hoover earned NCAA D2 qualification with a 3rd place showing at Super Region I

174
Tyler Morrison

28-5 last year as a freshman.  2nd at Super Region I, 4th in the D2 nation & 7th at the Midwest Classic. 

184
Noah Gnibus

An NCAA D2 qualifier in 2025, Noah Gnibus heads into '26-'27 a three-time Super Region I place-winner with 4th-2nd-5th place finishes.  A match shy of being a Midwest Classic Place-winner last season. 

197
Brad Morrison

The former Lock Haven Bald Eagle won 20 matches last season & won Super Region I 

No comments:

Post a Comment