Friday, September 4, 2026

JT1Wrestle Takes A Look At Centenary 2026-2027

 



I suppose the first thing I want to say about Centenary wrestling is that I'm sure going to miss seeing Danny Haws in action.  3rd-3rd-1st-2nd at Regional II, the four-time NCAA Division III qualifier has to rank pretty high among the best to never All-American.  I believe his 96 career victories places him third overall on career wins among the Cyclones. 

Centenary also loses Jack Thode, who I was so happy to see break through in his final season & become an NCAA D3 qualifier.  He finished that dreaded 4th at Regional II as a junior in 2025.  To see him come in and absolutely dominate his way to a title this past year was very rewarding. 


The Cyclones return three Regional II place-winners for '26-'27, plus another from last season who should also earn top 8 status as well. 

141
Joey Innamorato


A Bob Quade champ last season, Joey Innamorato finished 6th at Regional II. 

165
Hunter Cleaver


Hunter Cleaver finished 5th last year at Regional II. 


Reese Smith
174

Reese Smith was also 5th at Regional II last year. 

HWT
Jonathan Martinez


Although Jonathan Martinez did not have a good Regional II last season, he did look good at other points in the season.  4th at Shorty Hitchcock. 

No comments:

Post a Comment