Sunday, May 1, 2022

Gone, Lost & Forgotten = Waubonsee Community College

 I'm not exactly sure when Chief's wrestling began or when it ended, but I do believe I can name their best wrestlers. 

Omi Acosta 

A native of South Dade High School in Florida, Acosta enjoyed a great career while at Waubonsee. Finishing 5th in the NJCAA as a freshman, he went on to win the NJCAA title as a sophomore in 2010. He then won an NAIA title for Grand View University. 

Ray Stephens 


Another South Dade native, Ray Stephens wasn't able to win a regional title for the Chiefs his freshman year, but no bother, as he did himself one better at the NJCAA championships by winning a title. He followed it up with a NJCAA runner-up finish in 2007 before transferring to Lindenwood where he won back to back NAIA titles in 2008 and 2009. He finished his collegiate career 127-23. 



1 comment:

  1. I need to go back and look at 2010 and see brackets if I can find them. That was my last year coaching in NJCAA and we had 7 or 8 qualifiers for Neosho, so I am sure Omi was in a bracket with one of my guys.

    ReplyDelete