Friday, September 4, 2026

JT1Wrestle Takes A Look At United States Coast Guard Academy 2026-2027

 


Think about it for a moment.  In order to be admitted to the United States Coast Guard Academy, you are going to have to average at least a 3.7 GPA.  At least a 24 on your ACT or an 1120 on your SAT.  Then once there, you have all of the military requirements on top of your schoolwork & wrestling practice.  

Even with these extremely rigorous requirements, the USCGA still placed 9 at Regional I! Sent 5 to the NCAA DIII national tournament & placed three top 8 in the D3 nation!  

Five return for action this year, plus another that didn't place at Regionals last year, but should this season. 


Gone are....

Three-time Regional I place-winner (7th-4th-3rd) & 2026 NCAA D3 qualifier Nikko Beato. 

Nate Fitt, who must have listened to Steve Winwood a handful of times because he found himself Back in the High Life Again.  A Regional I champion in 2024; he was 5th in 2025 but came back strong to win another Regional I title in 2026.  Not only that but he earned D3 All American honors with a 6th place finish. 

Carl DiGiorgio, you have to rank him somewhere as one of the best USCGA wrestlers of all time.  96 career wins, and I believe the only four-time All-American in school history.  7th-3rd-2nd-5th in the D3 nation.  2nd-1st-1st-1st in Regional I.  The Bears have had two D3 national champions. So, depending on your perspective, standards & benchmarks, perhaps DiGiorgio is #1. 


133
Marvin Armistead

The sophomore went 20-6 last year, earning runner-up honors at Regional I. 

165
Landon Kearns


5th & 4th in Regional I, Landon Kearns heads into '26-'27 one of the best wrestlers yet to make the NCAA D3 championships. He went 25-6 last year. 

174
Mason Gourley


18 wins on the season for Mason Gourley, who was 8th at Regional I. 

184
Caden Stout


4th & 3rd thus far in Regional I, Caden Stout will look to become a Regional I champion & a two-time NCAA D3 qualifier this season. 

197
Gabe Monroe

Speaking of cementing yourself among the all time greats of USCGA wrestling, that's the plan of Gabe Monroe.  26 wins last year & 8th in the D3 nation.  Won titles at Regional I, Roger Williams & Don Parker. 

141
Dom Moyer


Dom Moyer did not place at last year's Regional I, but he had some notable victories among his 19 wins last year & should be top 8 Regional I in 2027. 

No comments:

Post a Comment