Cornell put eight on the award stand at Regional VI last year & return five of those eight for competition in 2026-2027. Should be a good year for the Rams as they have some upperclassmen, as well as a sophomore with a lot of potential to really shine this season.
We say goodbye to...
Jase Van Pelt, a four-time Regional VI place-winner and a guy I'd easy call one of the best in recent times to never make the NCAA D3 championships. I was having a discussion with someone about where you draw the line in speaking about college careers worth talking about. I don't know if I'm important enough of a person to get to make that call, but I will tell you that I do think Jase Van Pelt was a career worth talking about. 7th-6th-7th-5th in Regional VI is no easy accomplishment. Placing 5th & 4th in the prestigious Pete Willson Invitational is something worth hanging your hat on. I do know that.
Eli Sneed is another guy I'd say had a good solid career worth celebrating despite having never made the NCAA D3 tournament. Back-to-back Regional VI 6th place showings, plus 7th at Pete Willson.
I know for a fact Jackson Brinker is. 5th-7th-4th at Regional VI & 4th at Pete Willson.
Austin Wilkins, 4th at Regional VI & 6th at Pete Willson.
Maybe these guys weren't All-Americans or even qualifiers, but we as a fan base & as a media conglomerate could stand to take our heads out of the damn clouds & realize that in a 6-month season there's so much more to a wrestler's year/career than the last two days of it. In other words, I know how bad these guys wanted Q & AA next to their names, and I also know that all four of them DID have successful collegiate careers even though that didn't happen.
| 149 Owen Adelfinger |
Among some outstanding upperclassmen, Owen Adelfinger is a sophomore with a bright future. 23 wins on the year as a freshman, the Wilton native was 8th at both Pete Willson & Regional VI.
| 157 Andrew Parrish |
The funny thing about it is, I've been following this guy's career for quite some time, I'm not 100% sure what he goes by. Whether it's Andrew, Drew, or A.J., what I can tell you is that Mr. Parrish heads into '26-'27 one of the best wrestlers at 157 lbs yet to make the D3 national tournament. 4th & 5th the past two Regional VI's, he was 3rd at the Millikin Open & 5th at Pete Willson.
| 165 Brian Petry |
Cornell has made good use of the Bob Kerrey Pedestrian Bridge over the years & picked up some really good talent in Omaha, Nebraska. A two-time NCAA D3 qualifier for the Rams, with back-to-back Regional VI 3rd place showings, Brian Petry will be the leader among the Rams this season. 29 wins on the year, he won Cliff Keen Mike Duroe, finished 2nd at the Coe Invitational & he heads into '26-'27 with Pete Willson finishes of 2nd & 3rd.
| 174 Nolan Howell |
23 wins on the year for the former Clipper of Clear Creek Amana. 7th at Pete Willson, Nolan Howell was the runner-up at the Coe Invitational, placing 7th at Regional VI & finishing one match shy of a top 8 showing at Pete Willson.
| 133 Jayson Stevens |
Stepping in to the 133 lbs spot for the now graduated Eli Sneed, Jayson Stevens looks to do some good things for the Rams this season. 14 wins in 2026, he was the Under Armor Invite runner-up.
No comments:
Post a Comment