Season after season Alvernia has produced some great talent & 2026-2027 will be no different for the Golden Wolves. We lose two outstanding talents but we also retain three.
**NOTE** - I'm treating Mauro Pellot as if he's NOT coming back because I haven't seen his name on the roster as of the time this was written. I have however heard from a few other unofficial sources that he will be returning. Of course, what a huge difference that would make having an All-American back on the team.
Gone is two-time NCAA D3 qualifier Chance Babb, who finished off his career with 3rd & 2nd place Regional III showings.
Quinn Tobin, 5th at Regional III is also gone.
| 184 Hayden McLellan |
8th & 5th thus far in Regional III, I not only expect Hayden McLellan to achieve the status of three-time Regional place-winner this season, I also expect him to contend for qualification. 41-6 on the year, he won a Petrofes title & finished 2nd at the Middle Atlantic Conference (MAC).
| HWT Owen Reber |
I'm not one to put too much emphasis on one win, but I do think the 6:42 fall Owen Reber scored over nemesis Logan Flynn at the NCAA D3 tournament sparked something inside of him that we're going to see more of this season. 3rd at Regional III & one match shy of being a D3 All-American, I think we have a contender for Regional champion & AA in 2027. 33 wins last season, Reber won the Racich Rumble, earning runner-up finishes at both Petrofes & MAC.
| 165 Luke Thomas |
I don't think fans truly understand or appreciate just how tough & competitive the Regional tournaments truly are. I think fans do comprehend how tough it is to place 1st, 2nd or 3rd & earn a spot in the NCAA DIII championships, but I think they fail to realize how difficult it can be to place top 8. Luke Thomas came up short of a top 8 finish last year. Luke Thomas is also a very good wrestler. Despite his unfavorable outcome at Regional III, he demonstrated his talent on multiple other occasions. 31 wins on the year, he was 3rd at both MAC & Petrofes.
No comments:
Post a Comment