Wednesday, September 2, 2026

JT1Wrestle Takes A Look at Albright 2026-2027

 



Looks to be a successful year for Lion wrestling.  Albright does lose All-American (8th)/ Regional 3 champion Trent Mahoney & that will leave a wide gap at 157.  However, four tough wrestlers, including two that I believe will most certainly contend for All-American honors this season return. 

141
Danny Metzler


We could be looking at the Lions next All-American when we look at Danny Metzler.  Only a sophomore, this young man has already had a bright past & it's obvious that he's going to have a bright future.  That sounds albright...I mean all right to me.  21 wins on the season, he was the Regional 3 runner-up & 3rd at Wilkes. 

165
Beknazar Baiyshbekov


I'll be happy to try and pronounce that for you.  23 wins on the season for Beknazar Baiyshbekov last season, who earned a 6th place showing at Regional 3 & a 3rd place showing at the Blue Jay Classic. 

174
Davis Keppley


16 wins on the year for Davis Keppley last season, who was a Blue Jay Classic Champion & 6th at Regional 3. 

184
Abdoul Akala


I'm well aware that things fell apart for Abdoul Akala at Regional 3 last season.  That's wrestling, that happens sometimes. I'm also aware that he went 26-5 over all, including a very impressive 7-6 win over Sean Malenfant.  I'm also aware that he won the Middle Atlantic Conference title last season.  There are 134 (I believe anyway) teams in NCAA D3 wrestling.  Most rankings only rank the top 15 per weight class.  I say by mid season, this sophomore is one of those 15. 

No comments:

Post a Comment