Friday, May 29, 2020

Gone, Lost & Forgotten: Their best = Connecticut

I haven't been able to find out a whole lot about the Connecticut Husky wrestling team but I do know that UCONN did indeed have a team & I'm pretty sure I can name their best wrestler. More than happy to add anything anyone else has.  Sometimes I'm able to find out a lot of information & sometimes I'm not.  This was one I couldn't find much for. 

Joe Viola
118, 126 lbs 

From what I've been able to find, two time NCAA Qualifier, two time New England Intercollegiate Wrestling Association champion, Joe Viola was the best in Husky wrestling history.  He graduated with a career record of 69-10 & later became the head coach at Summitt High School in Oregon.  He also worked as the director of campus services at Central Oregon Community College. 

No comments:

Post a Comment