Thursday, February 27, 2020

2020 BIG 10 Preview = 184 lbs




This weight class is insane. Matter of fact if we resurrected Noah Webster & showed him 2020 BIG 10 184 lbs he might even let us use it as an example in the dictionary.   I'm talking parity out the wazoo and everyone seems to have lost to and beaten everyone.  Throw the names into a hat and draw as far as I'm concerned.  This is a seeding committees ultimate nightmare.


From where I stand, I think all but two deserve to go to the NCAA's.  Maybe I'm a bit overstretched here, but at least twelve wrestlers out of the fourteen that will be entered make a case.  As to how these guys will be seeded?

I would have to go with Penn State's Aaron Brooks as the #1 seed.   He has a loss to Taylor Venz of Nebraska by a 9-5 decision, but he majored Rocky Jordan 15-4, who beat Venz 3-2 & he defeated Iowa's Abe Assad who defeated Venz 6-4.

As to the rest of the eleven?

I did the best I could do...

#1 Aaron Brooks freshman Penn State
#2 Abe Assad freshman Iowa
#3 Taylor Venz junior Nebraska
#4 Cam Caffey sophomore Michigan State
#5 Rocky Jordan freshman Ohio State
#6 Zach Braunagel freshman Illinois
#7 Billy Janzer freshman Rutgers
#8 Jelani Embree sophomore Michigan
#9 Owen Webster senior Minnesota
#10 Johnny Sebastian senior Wisconsin
#11 Max Lyon junior Purdue
#12 Jack Jessen freshman Northwestern

Probably don't agree with me on this one.  That's cool.  I'm not so sure I agree with myself.  I took the vast amount of parity and gave more weight to some wins than I did others.  No matter how you seed this, someone that beat someone is seeded below the someone they beat.  There's no way around it at this weight.

1 comment:

  1. I thought 12 and still feel like it should be 12 but they got 10.

    ReplyDelete