Thursday, February 27, 2020

2020 BIG 10 Tournament Preview = HWT



If only it were as predictable as Minnesota's Gable Steveson seems to be.  Being undefeated and last year's BIG 10 runner up, even though Michigan's Mason Parris is also currently undefeated, I had to give him the nod.

I see 8 allocations here, with a slight, teeny, tiny possibility of a steal from Luke Luffman of Illinois.  I don't give it much of a chance, but I give it better than not at all.

There's a bit of parity throughout the weight that could shift some spots around but for the most part I feel pretty compelled in how I seeded.

What really throws me off is whether Nebraska starts 13-4 David Jensen or 10-7 Christian Lance.  Jensen has more wins but Lance has the head to head 3-1 s.v. win.  Nothing to do at this point other than guess, and my guess is Jensen.

How I would seed?

#1 Gable Steveson sophomore Minnesota
#2 Mason Parris sophomore Michigan
#3 Anthony Cassioppi freshman Iowa
#4 Trent Hilger sophomore Wisconsin
#5 David Jensen senior Nebraska
#6 Gary Traub junior Ohio State
#7 Seth Nevills freshman Penn State
#8 Thomas Penola freshman Purdue

1 comment:

  1. This one actually makes sense to me. It has to do with splitting time at Nebraska. I thought that might happen. Regardless of who Nebraska starts, Jensen or Lance, neither have enough matches.

    ReplyDelete