Tuesday, March 12, 2024

In Contention for At Large/Wildcard Bid NCAA DI = HWT

 HWT has four slots open for NCAA DI qualification & I believe from my estimation we have five guys fighting for them. Who will be 4/4 & who will unfortunately be the odd man out? 

Dayton Pitzer
Pittsburgh 

I was rather shocked when the ACC announced that only the top two would be automatic allocations.  Then again, it didn't surprise me, as Dayton Pitzer of Pittsburgh has missed a large chunk of the season due to injury.  I really hope that it doesn't come back to haunt him later as I feel that it very unfair. Not that life or wrestling is fair, but I'd hate to see him miss out on qualification simply because of an injury.  3rd at the ACC's, I'd say what he has going for him most is a 2-0 win over EIWA champ Nathan Taylor of Lehigh.  A 5-0 win over Josiah Hill of Little Rock doesn't hurt either. 

Seth Nevills
Maryland


Seth Nevills coming in and stepping it up for the Terrapins this year has been very admirable. He was 8th in a loaded BIG 10 bracket that took the top 7 & I find it hard to believe that he'd be left home this season.  15 wins on the season, the most impressive a 5-2 decision over Yaraslau Slavikouski of Rutgers.  He also owns a 5:00 fall over Hill. 

Trevor Tinker 
Cal Poly 

I've been very praiseful of all of the positive happenings in San Luis Obispo, California, because they are all deserving of praise.  Cal Poly has been doing an outstanding job & I believe that Trevor Tinker has been a part of that success.  13-5 on the year, he was 6th at the Midlands & owns a 4:18 fall over PAC-12 runner-up Boone McDermott of Oregon State. 





Here's where I'm on the fence.  Do you go with two time NCAA qualifier Michael Wolfgram of West Virginia with 18 wins on the season? Or do you go with Ryan Catka of Virginia, who has 15 wins on the season.  Wolfgram took 6th in a BIG 12 bracket that took the top 5 & Catka took 4th behind Pitzer in an ACC bracket that unceremoniously took only two.   So who would you go with? 



No comments:

Post a Comment