Tuesday, March 12, 2024

In Contention for At Large/Wild Card Bids NCAA DI = 197 lbs

 There are four bids here at 197 lbs, and these are my guesses as to who will get in. 


Andy Smith 
Virginia Tech

The one I'm most sure about here, is Andy Smith of Virginia Tech.  The Hokie was 5th at the Midlands & has both a 4-2 decision over Max Shaw of North Carolina & a 2:21 fall over Cole Urbas of Penn. 

Evan Bockman
Utah Valley

Another I'm pretty confident about is Evan Bockman of Utah Valley.  Already a two time NCAA DI qualifier, Bockman has 18 wins on the season.  A 7-2 victory over SOCON champ Levi Hopkins of Campbell & a 4-2 decision over Wyatt Voelker of Northern Iowa. 


Logan Deacetis
Bucknell

6th at the Southern Scuffle & 20 wins on the season, I believe one of our At Large Bids will be Logan Deacetis of Bucknell. 

John Crawford
Franklin & Marshall

The long illustrious history of Franklin & Marshall, I'm not sure if a Diplomat has ever been selected for an at large/wildcard bid before. I don't know that for sure, but in my 30+ years of watching wrestling, I can't remember anyone from F&M getting into the DI tournament via at large/wildcard selection.  I do think though, that 22 wins on the season, John Crawford could be one of them this year. 




No comments:

Post a Comment