Monday, August 26, 2024

Johnnythompsonnum1 Says Thank You to Readers as Website Reaches 1,000,000 Views

 With the encouragement of the late, legendary Des Moines Register sportswriter Dan McCool, I wrote my first article for myself, on my own website on 12-15-2014.  At the time I was timid to try anything on my own. I wasn't anyone in the sport. I had never done anything of significance.  I thought to myself, why would anyone care what I had to say? Why would anyone read what I wrote? I was convinced that the only way I'd be able to share my love, passion and knowledge of the sport is if, and only if, I did so through an already established entity.  It took Dan McCool telling me to do my own thing, in my own way more than once before I finally gave in and tried it. 

Here we are not quite 10 years later.  I'm nowhere near the God that Flo or Track, and I'll probably never sniff those numbers, but I'm pretty happy with the numbers I have.  I average 25,000 readers per month & last season in a single month I had over 48,000 readers. 

Today with 1,966 articles, I reached my 1,000,000th read.  To some, that's what they'll do in a year.  To me though, that's an unreal number.  To know that 1,000,000 times my articles concerning collegiate wrestling have been read. 

I want to thank you for reading my material. Coming to me and getting my views and my stances on collegiate wrestling.  It means a lot to me that you have read my stuff. 

I also want to give a huge shoutout and a big thank you to wrestlestat.com.  They have been an excellent resource to me, and they've helped to make Johnnythompsonnum1 the success that it has become.   Also a thank you to Aaron Sweazy, The Portillo Brothers & Bitt "Seton Hall Pirate" Malinsky.  As much of an encyclopedia as I am on the history and stats of collegiate wrestling, they're often my reference books. 

I took some time off after writing an article on 4-13-2024.  I did this for two reasons.  First off, honestly, I was a bit burnt out. I needed a small break from wrestling.  Surprisingly enough, it was during this time that Feedspot ranked me as the 5th best college wrestling website on the internet.  The other reason I took a break, is because I'm trying to get my novel career off the ground. I can't say much about that right now, but I will say that things are looking very optimistic for me.  

I will be covering the '24-'25 college wrestling season.  NJCAA, NAIA, NCAA DIII, NCAA DII & NCAA DI.   I already have 50 previews ready to go.  The first will be posted on 9-16-2024. 

Once again, thanks to all of my readers!  I hope you continue to enjoy Johnnythompsonnum1! 

No comments:

Post a Comment