Friday, September 18, 2026

JT1Wrestle Takes A Look At Springfield 2026-2027

 


For a school that invented the game of basketball, Springfield sure is good at wrestling.  15-1 in dual meets & Regional I champs, the Pride had a very successful 2025-2026.  2026-2027 may be a bit of rebuilding year, as the white & maroon graduated a ton of outstanding talent. 


93 career pins, are you serious? It's one thing to get to or get close to 100 career wins in your career, but 93 pins? That's unheard of.  Three-time NCAA D3 All-American Jacob DeGuire set a record that probably won't be touched for many years to come.  3rd-6th-4th at the NCAA D3 championships. 

Ben Katz ended his career a three-time Regional I place-winner & NCAA D3 qualifier.  7th-4th-2nd at Regional I. 

Ty Stewart, Ryan Kozdra & Nick Rogers all earned NCAA D3 qualification on their last go round, all three placed 3rd at Regional I. 

Myles Leonard finished one match shy of NCAA D3 qualification. 

125
Jack Callahan


16 wins on the season, Jack Callahan came up a little short of a top 8 finish at Regional I last season, but should be on the award stand in 2026-2027. 

133
Esuar Ordonez

An NCAA D3 qualifier last season with a 3rd place showing at Regional I, Esuar Ordonez won 28 matches. 

141
Isaac Quiles


One match shy of being an NCAA D3 qualifier last season, Isaac Quiles went 23-6 on the year, finishing 4th at Petrofes. 

165
Gabe Thomasson

8th at Regional I & 2nd at the Ithaca Invite, Gabe Thomasson won 27 matches last year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment