Wednesday, August 3, 2022

2023 NCAA Division III The Season: Merchant Marine

 

At this point after covering so many collegiate wrestling teams in small to the point previews I probably sound like a broken record. It's the truth though. Like so many other programs The Mariners have lost a couple of good kids and they return a couple of good kids. That's the nature of college sports in general. You welcome freshmen with open arms as you give thanks and heartfelt goodbyes to your seniors.  Dominick Esposito and Billy Sims are two of those seniors from last season.  As to who is returning...

141 lbs
Edward Pinc 

Edward Pinc has room for improvement and I believe he'll make it. The Sophomore went 17-13 in his initial season last year wrestling well enough to capture 8th place at the Northeast Regional.  An Ohio native, it's within the water he drank and the air he breathed to keep getting better. 

174 lbs
Draysan Colonese 

It's not easy replacing a guy like 2020 NCAA Division III qualifier Dominic Espositio but I think sophomore Draysan Colonese will do a fine job. He split with Esposito last season winning a 7-2 decision and losing a 2-0 decision. I do not think that NCAA Division III qualification is out of the question & I am very confident that he will for sure be a top 8 place winner within the Regional. 

HWT
Jimmy Dunagen

I've been doing amateur wrestling coverage since I was 19 years old (some would even say since I was 14). I've been wrong before. Maybe I'm wrong here too, but I don't think I am.  I think Nevada native Jimmy Dunagen is capable of a good season this year. A season that should result in a top 8 finish within the Regional. 








No comments:

Post a Comment