Wednesday, September 23, 2026

JT1Wrestle Takes A Look At Castleton 2026-2027

 



The Spartans do lose five of their nine Regional I place-winners from last season, but among returning four, they also return two NCAA D3 qualifiers from 2025, plus some other tough wrestlers. 

Gone are...

Drew Marchese, a three-time Regional I place-winner, who ended his career as an NCAA D3 qualifier.  5th-5th-2nd at Regional I

Nate Camiscioli, a two-time NCAA D3 qualifier, who went 3rd-2nd-5th at Regional I. 

Jashon Holmes, who earned NCAA D3 qualification in his final season, going 7th & 2nd his last two Regional I's. 

Desi McLaughlin, an NCAA D3 qualifier, who finished 2nd at his final Regional I

Josh Negron, who finished one match shy of NCAA D3 qualification with a 4th place showing at Regional I. 

125
Avi Berg

Avi Berg should be fine replacement for Drew Marchese this season.  He went 13-3 last year, a win over Ethan Liptzen. 

133
Stone Farnsworth


The Rhode Island native was 7th at Regional I last season & 3rd at Trine. 

141
Aiden Shufelt

19 wins on the season, including a 13-4 major over Stone Farnsworth, Aiden Shufelt will be gunning for that 133 lbs varsity spot this season. 

141
Nic Balella

Nick Balella finished 5th at Regional I last year for the Spartans. 

149
Joe Kennedy

19 wins on the season, Joe Kennedy won the Trine Invite. 

174
Joe Baker

Joe Baker finished one match shy of being an NCAA D3 qualifier last season

174
Connor Gregory

With 2025 NCAA D3 qualifier Connor Gregory returning to the lineup this season, I'll be anxious to see if between the two, one might end up at 184 lbs. 

HWT
Logan Frank

Logan Frank finished 7th at Regional I last season. 

HWT
Evan Day


2025 NCAA D3 qualifier Evan Day returns to the lineup this season as well & I would expect some big things from the big man.  Taking last year off, he did place 3rd at the Ithaca Invite. 

No comments:

Post a Comment