Tuesday, September 30, 2014

College Wrestling Championships Sportsmanship Award

College wrestling tournament "Sportsmanship Award"

I have always wanted all college Wrestling championships to have an Sportsmanship award, handed out to the wrestler at the end of the championships that a committee of voters feel has shown the most class and sportsmanship overall at the tournament/season.   I hope one day to be in a position of power to be able to implement this idea into the championships. 

Since 2002 I have been keeping a tally of who I would have awarded the "Sportsmanship" award to had their been one.   I did not attend the 2011 or 2012 NCAA tournament, so I wasn't able to observe who I would give the award to. Also wasn't at 16 or 17. 

Here are the "winners"

02: Otto Olson of Michigan
03: Aaron Holker of Iowa State
04: Travis Shufelt of Nebraska
05: Sam Hazewinkle of Oklahoma
06: Ron Tarquinio of Pittsburgh
07: Brandon Precin of Northwestern
08: Jake Herbert of Northwestern
09: Quentin Wright of Penn State
10: Hudson Taylor of Maryland
13: Jesse Dong of Virginia Tech
14: Adam Chalfant of Indiana
15: A.J. Schopp of Edinboro
18: Nathan Tomasello of Ohio State
19: Matt Voss of George Mason 
22: Stevan Micic of Michigan 
23: Christian Small Lake Erie 
24: Ryan DeVivo Johnson & Wales

No comments:

Post a Comment